Term And Conditions
A quick explanation – you are renting a self-contained, self-catering short term apartment, you are NOT booking a fully serviced hotel/apartment, so there are requirements that guests/tenants are responsible for that would not apply at a hotel - such as emptying the rubbish bins, laundering towels during your stay and making sure the apartment is left in a tidy manner upon departure. Guests/tenants are provided with an initial supply of bath, pool, and hand towels, face-washers, bath mats and tea towels. The apartment is equipped with a washing machine, clothes dryer and laundry powder if these need laundering during your stay. On departure we request that you put a load of towels in the washing machine and turn it on. It’s just a simple matter of consideration so the next guest can get checked-in timely and doesn’t have to wait while the cleaning service finishes laundry.
Please Note: The apartment is not booked until you receive a ‘confirmation email’ of your payment & booking from Platinum Apartments. Any questions contact us directly on the phone numbers / email provided. “Platinum Apartments” is our Business Name and NOT the name of the Building. Property address will be given is confirmation email.
BY MAKING A PAYMENT, THE GUEST AGREES THEY HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON BEHALF OF ALL GUESTS STAYING AT THE PROPERTY.
1. USE OF PREMISES
The premises are let for holiday/short term residential purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on the booking form. Strict NO parties Policy [strictly prohibited], or large gatherings are NOT allowed. Platinum Apartments has a strict ZERO TOLERANCE for parties, functions or excessive noise from guests. Any type of function, party or large get together will incur a penalty of $1000 plus any extra charges incurred such as cleaning, and guests may be asked to vacate the premises. All guests are required to conduct themselves respectfully when staying at the Platinum Apartments. Any violation of this policy, or even unruly behaviour, can and will result in you being evicted with no warning, full loss of tariff/rent and eviction cost will apply.
The person who makes the booking needs to be present on check-in and needs to provide photo identification with current residential address, with proof that they are over the age of 21. A photocopy must be submitted when the booking is made. All other guests must be over the age of 18 unless they are minors and under the care of a guardian. If in doubt, please ask at time of booking to avoid a potentially difficult situation later.
2. NUMBER OF GUESTS
The number of guests is restricted to the usual sleeping capacity of the property. OVER CROWDING of properties will NOT BE TOLERATED, so make sure you have declared the correct number of guests. The number of guests must not exceed the number of guests included in the tariff. Occupancy may not exceed what is posted for each apartment. Maximum occupancy includes children. Babies in cots do not need to be included in the total number of guests. Only the guests named on the booking form are allowed to stay. Any breach of this rule can result in all guests being removed from our apartments with no notice.
3. HOUSE SUPPLIES
All apartments are fully equipped. Platinum Apartments provides a small complimentary supply only of kitchen/ bathroom necessities (tea/coffee/sugar/milk, etc., and some toiletries to get you through the first day). Any further supplies are the guest’s responsibility.
A 50% deposit is payable to secure your booking. (But if your arrival date is within 30 days of booking, then the full amount is payable within 72 hours from the time you made the booking).
Dates will automatically be made available for re-booking if the deposit isn’t received or contact made by you. Contact [email protected] or phone Platinum Apartments 0467 666 900 to discuss an alternate plan if this isn’t possible.
All Payments must be made in Australian dollars.
To confirm booking:
1. Payment (deposit or full payment) formalises an agreement between the guest and Platinum Apartments to occupy the premises for the specified days and signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions.
2. A 50% deposit is required within 3 days of your booking or dates cannot be held. The remaining 50% is due 30 days before your arrival along with a $500 fully refundable security deposit. If payment is not received 30 days prior to check in, Platinum Apartments reserves the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re-let the apartment.
3. Payment must be made in Australian dollars.
5. FINAL PAYMENT
The balance of your accommodation fee must be paid 30 days prior to arrival, unless the booking terms specify agreed instalment payments. Lapse in payment of balance or of instalment payments may mean automatic cancellation of your booking, with no refund of any payments made.
A surcharge will apply to all payments made by Visa and MasterCard. Credit card, surcharges are not refunded in the event of a change or cancellation as the charge has already been incurred.
v The authorised signatory for the credit card must be a registered guest, be present at check-in and provide photo ID. Photo ID: Photocopy of Driver’s License or Passport - must be provided with this booking sheet.
payments can be made via:
· On-line Bank Transfer (Remittance Advice must be emailed showing Payment)
· Credit Card: We accept VISA or MasterCard
note: Surcharges from credit card providers will be passed onto the guest [1.8%].
Note: Payment via overseas credit card incurs additional credit card surcharges [.88%].
note: Fees incurred from Payments via overseas on-line bank transfer will be passed onto guest.
note: Only provide credit card details which you are authorised to use & this must be shown on check-in.
7. SECURITY BOND
Details of a valid credit card are required as a security bond, before check in details will be supplied. In lieu of credit card details, a $500 security bond is payable. Refund of security bond will be effected as soon as possible following a satisfactory inspection of the premises after guests have vacated.
We reserve the right to make charges to your credit card for breakages, damages, excess cleaning or unpaid rent that occurred during the time of your stay. Such charges will be for the reasonable costs of repair to the item, or if it cannot be repaired to bring it into a satisfactory standard we will charge you for full replacement cost. If a broken item is part of a set (for example, two matching bedside lamps), you will be charged for the cost of two new lamps if the original can no longer be sourced. An administration fee to cover time spent in attending to such repairs/purchases will also be levied.
8. CANCELLATION POLICY
Explanatory note: Once a booking has been made, we frequently have to knock back many other possible bookings - these people then book elsewhere and the opportunity is lost. Any changes to your booking may stop us from re-letting the same dates at the property and miss out on revenue completely. So please make sure you want this booking before going ahead to keep everyone happy. We suggest guests consider travel insurance to avoid any unforseen circumstance.
· New bookings will be held for 72 hours pending receipt of initial payment. Corporate bookings will need to provide an approved Purchase Order during this time to retain the booking if they are unable to pay within that time frame.
· Any bookings where payments/purchase orders have not been received will be deemed as no longer required and will be automatically cancelled without us contacting you further.
· Bookings will be reinstated (if dates are still available) upon receipt of either payment or purchase order.
30 days or more before arrival - Bookings which are cancelled or rescheduled more than 30 days of arrival will be refunded (less the 25% cancellation fee, and any credit card surcharge paid);
15 – 29 days before arrival - No refund is given if the dates cannot be re-booked. If some or all of the dates can be re-let to equal value, then we will refund you the relevant tariff for those re-let dates MINUS a cancellation fee of 25% of your original total tariff.
· Bookings need to be fully paid 30 days before arrival. Platinum Apartments reserves the right to cancel unpaid bookings and advertise the dates as vacant if no alternative payment arrangements have been organised. Normal cancellation provisions would apply to any amounts already paid.
· Bookings paid by instalments may be automatically cancelled if instalments are not paid on time.
· Please note: Minor changes to your booking prior to your arrival will be accommodated wherever possible without penalty (eg: minor amendments to arrival/departure dates) - these are at the discretion of Platinum Apartments, but we aim to help you out as much as possible.
· If the booking is reduced in length at any time, a higher rate may be payable according to the existing rate structure at time of amendment, regardless of the quoted rate at time of booking. The dates not required are treated as a cancellation.
· Where guests are already in residence but want to leave earlier than their original booked check out date, there will be no partial refunds, and the unused portion cannot be transferred to another booking, regardless of whether we are able to re-let the unused dates or not.
Platinum Apartments reserves the right to change or cancel bookings should the property be withdrawn from availability or otherwise be rendered uninhabitable/unavailable. We will do our best to find a suitable alternative for you, but failing that all payments (including credit card surcharge) will be refunded in full to you. No other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
Important note for short bookings: Guests with bookings of short stays (4 days or less) may be required to change to another property with similar or better features and in the same general area and at no extra cost, if their short stay prevents a longer booking from going ahead. This is at the discretion of Platinum Apartments and is to ensure maximum occupancy across all properties.
CHECK-IN is from 2:00 pm. Early check in or late check-out may be possible in some circumstances – charges may apply. Please ask if required. “Platinum Apartments” is our Business Name and NOT the name of the Building. A representative from Platinum Apartments will meet you upon check-in, show you to your apartment and show you how to access the building & building facilities. The building is NOT a hotel but is a private residential building and our representatives are not on site, check-in time should be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to your arrival. To avoid delays in the check-in process, any variation to your check-in time should be phoned through at your earliest convenience.
CHECK-OUT is by 10:00 am. If our cleaners arrive at check-out time [10 am] and you have not departed, penalties will apply after 10 mins. Any extra cost incurred from your late depart will be deducted from your bond. The keys are to be left as in the apartments’ mail box or as instructed on check-out.
11. INTERNET ACCESS [Wi-Fi]
Is included in your tariff. Internet is for general browsing and downloading large files is NOT allowed.
12. PETS OR ANIMALS
Strictly NO Pets or Animals are allowed to be bought into either the building or our apartments.
13. NO SMOKING:
Our apartments are strictly non-smoking inside. Any evidence of smoking inside the apartment will result in the cost of deodorizing the apartment and any other associated costs being deducted from your bond. If your apartment has a balcony then smoking is permitted out there, providing the door remains closed, you use the ash tray & empty the ash tray into rubbish on departure. If ash trays & butts are not emptied on departure $50 will be deducted from your bond - emptying ash trays is not included in the basic exit clean. No Butts are to be disposed of over the edge of the balcony. The Building manager and Body Corporate members have a very dim view of any object being thrown over the balcony and do take disciplinary action. Any costs of this disciplinary action will be passed on to the perpetrator.
Basic exit clean is included in your tariff for 4 night to 13 night stays, however if you leave the apartment in such a mess that it can’t be cleaned in a standard timeframe, or you don’t follow the directions of the apartment manual, extra cleaning costs will be deducted from your bond. For example: Dirty towels allowed to build up during your stay and the cleaners arrive to find a bath tub full of towels that should have been laundered during your stay [washing powder supplied]. Washing every towel in the apartment is not included in a basic exit clean. Discolouring the towels from the use of spray tans, hair dye’s etc., is not included and the cost of extra cleaning to remove stains or replacement of towels that stains cannot be removed from, will be deducted from the bond. Guests are required to leave the carpet in the same condition as arrival. If the carpet is stained during your stay money will be deducted from guest’s credit card or bond for a steam clean.
Interim Clean - Our apartments are self-contained, additional servicing is available on request and additional charges will be incurred [$100 -$150 depending on apartment type]. Clean linen, bathrooms, floors vacuumed/mopped, benches wiped, rubbish bin emptied, etc., are included, but doing large amount of dishes or picking up cloths is not included. At least 24 hours’ notice is required per interim service clean.
Platinum Apartments will not be held liable or responsible for any injury or death sustained in our apartments or the building in general. No liability is accepted for any loss or damage done to guest/s property or vehicles, delays, expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events or natural disasters beyond the accommodation provider’s control. Children are not allowed on the balcony unless under the immediate supervision of their guardian. The guardian takes full responsibility for the welfare of children, whether on the balcony, inside the apartment, or in other available facilities such as the pool, spa and other amenities.
No responsibility is taken for guests’ personal property left on or near the premises. Doors and windows at the premises should be secured at ALL times. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance and travel insurance. If guests' property is found, any costs associated with returning the goods will be at the guests' expense.
17. NOISE AND DISTURBANCES
By Guests: - Our apartments are located in a residential building and our neighbours are entitled to quiet enjoyment of their home. Please respect the rights of our neighbours. Any nuisance or annoyance caused by guests to surrounding residents may result in immediate termination of booking with no refund, and any associated costs will be payable to Platinum Apartments by the guests or charged to the credit card details held. Associated costs are not limited to the $500 security bond.
By Neighbours: - Platinum Apartments cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for noise or disturbances created outside the property by local residents or workmen etc., and no discounts will be negotiated - please use your common-sense in dealing with these situations and remember these types of things do occur in any residential area at some point.
It is possible that it might be necessary to temporarily close swimming pools, etc. for routine maintenance during your stay. Additionally, Platinum Apartments does not guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air-conditioners, televisions, VCR's, DVD's or other appliances. The undersigned agree to report any inoperative equipment to Platinum Apartments and we will make every effort to have maintenance done in the most-timely manner possible. Guest are required to allow maintenance personnel access to the property during reasonable hours [unless emergency conditions exist and out of hours attendance is necessary] No discounts or refunds will be given for equipment/appliance failure and for routine maintenance. Should a repair person make a call to the property and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to guest/s oversight, the charge for the service call will be billed to the guest, and guest agrees to pay the charge. Please apply common sense in all cases!
Guests are responsible for:
· Damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including but not limited to floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest will pay to Platinum Apartments the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages or losses are to be reported to the Platinum Apartments immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
· Costs incurred for re-tuning TV/VCRs which have been de-tuned by guests or by the attachment of electronic devices.
· Balcony: Children are not allowed on the balcony unless under the immediate supervision of their guardian. The guardian takes full responsibility for the welfare of children when staying with Platinum Apartments. Building Management do not allow towels, cloths etc. to be dried or aired on balcony. This means nothing is allow to be hung/placed over balcony rails. All apartments have a dryers, where cloths and towels can be aired/dried if required. Fines incurred will be passed onto guest/s and deducted from bond.
· The safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from Platinum Apartments representative after office hours will be charged a minimum service fee of $55. In particular, guests need to return the key for the apartment in the apartment mail box on departure.
· Leaving the property clean and tidy, in accordance with the instructions left at the property. Failure to do so will incur a cleaning charge at the discretion of Platinum Apartments.
· Respect the residential amenity of the property and neighbours;
· Maintain the security of the property;
· Maintain noise to a reasonable level and, in particular, between 10pm and 8am;
· Abide by any noise abatement order issued by police or any regulatory authority;
· Refrain from behaving in any drunken, obscene or antisocial behaviour; and
· Be responsible for their visitors
· Garbage must be disposed of in allocated rubbish chutes and bins, and rubbish must not be left in the car park, or public or common areas
· Emptying the rubbish bins, in accordance with the information left in the guest information folder. A charge will be applied if excess garbage is left at the premises.
· Guests must notify Platinum Apartments of any complaints as soon as practicable.
· The replacement cost of lost keys ($150) will be deducted from the guests Bond.
· Guests are responsible to ensure they do an online gym induction before use of building gym, pool and other facilities. Gym access only allowed after an induction has taken place.
Private Secure Under Cover Parking is available and requires booking for availability, the cost is $30 per night. Only 1 car parking space is available per booking. Guests must comply with parking regulations and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles.
Public Parking is available by Wilson’s Parking in the basement of the building and their rates are clearly marked when entering their parking lot [can be $70 plus per day – rates are set by Wilson’s Parking]. Where guests choose to park on the street, they must make themselves aware of any parking restrictions applicable – Platinum Apartments will not be responsible for any parking fines/cost incurred! When in doubt, ask or phone the local council – phone numbers are in the phone book. Things to note: Street parking may have very restrictive parking during certain times of the day or during major events, and parking in areas near busy roads frequently have day time parking restrictions. Please read any signs carefully.
21. BODY CORPORATE RULES
All of our apartments are governed by the rules of a Body Corporate. These rules are included in a manual which are provided in each of our apartments. It is up to our guests to familiarize themselves with the rules of the building and obey them. Anyone breaching any of these rules can find themselves removed from the building with no notice and no refund. Your signature on Platinum Apartments booking form indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions and an undertaking that you will abide by the rules of the body corporate and Platinum Apartments. One of the forms of disciplinary action the body corporate have imposed for breaches of the rules in the past involve the cancellation of access to the 10th floor amenities (Pool, spa, bbq etc.). If this was to occur to Platinum Apartments because of the inconsideration of one of their guests, Platinum Apartments can and will charge the offender $50 per day until access is restored. (Normally about 4-6 weeks)
v General Rules for use of 10th floor & building facilities will be given & signed for on check-in.
22. LETTING US KNOW WHEN THINGS GO WRONG
Platinum Apartments makes every attempt to have the premises in excellent condition, and our cleaners pride themselves on their work. If anything is not up to scratch, please advise us immediately – we can't fix it if we don't know about it, and we won’t give you a discount or otherwise make up for something wrong if you leave it till well after your arrival to let us know. Nothing makes us feel worse than when a guest has suffered through something for their whole stay when it could have been quickly fixed, so please do keep us informed!